Original Inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/187814246932340999/
What I Did: I tried to make almond butter and this is the result. I used sliced almonds instead of whole and only about a cup and a half of them. I also tried to add honey to the mix and oil when it looked like it wasn’t blending properly. I ended up with a tough, dry mess that was oozing all over the place. Nothing incorporated and it looked, as you can tell from the picture like waste in a jar.
Next Time I Will: I think I’ll probably end up eating the result of the fail, I hate the idea of wasting money/food and it’s still edible, just not super appetizing. I think the next time I won’t used sliced almonds and definitely use the full 3-4 cups of whole almonds. I will also wait until it is in a more buttery state before I add honey so that it will fully incorporate. I think the project could work, I’ve seen it on a number of blogs and I refuse to stop trying until I figure it out!