Original Inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/202310208233606184/
What I Did: Chose this project for the multitude of kids in my family for Easter Sunday. Thought it would be a nice little surprise for them, since I know they’ve never had anything like it before.
First off, I didn’t go by the cake directions the site offers. I had a box of white cake mix at home, and decided to use that. Things went down hill when I realized that A.) I used three whole eggs instead of three egg whites (which is what was required) and, B.) I need an electric beater, of which I did not own.
Being the rebel that I am, I threw caution to the wind and just kept going despite the egg issue and just beat it myself like a mad woman. That’s roughly about all I changed, and I’m not sure how much of any of that really had to do with this outcome.
Next Time I Will: Not fill the stupid things up so much! really, just over half way is PLENTY!!! I ‘sort of’ saved it I guess. The ones that didn’t have too much overflow I rubbed off as much as I could and put them upside down in a cupcake wrapper. The ones that had too much I used face stickers and put them on there, so now I have some egg heads with some craycray hair going on!
Silver lining: They still taste delicious!